Follow our website, the eCAADe email group and the Facebook page for the forthcoming call to be announced in May 2022.
The eCAADe 2022 Steering Committee will invite researchers, professionals, designers, and industry practitioners to propose and organize technical workshops. The goal is to build up an intense learning and co-creation environment and insightful discussions with small groups of eCAADe participants including PhD researchers.
The Workshops at the eCAADe 2020 online Conference will be held on September 12-13. Workshop leaders are responsible for hosting their offered workshop. Workshop results will be presented on day 2 of the conference –currently.
Workshop leaders will have an opportunity to share their original research and practical development experiences on specific new challenges and emerging issues of architectural and design computing. They will offer participants possibilities of theoretical knowledge, and hands-on computational design experiences on defined research/practice topics.
The Workshop topics ought to be relevant to the conference theme, the tracks and topics listed below:
Critical and Inclusive approaches to the Smart City, Co-creation Living Labs and Social Design
- Collaborative, inclusive and participative design
- Critical approaches to smart cities, city modelling and GIS
- Civic and data-driven urban and architectural design
Design Democratization through Parametric Design and Fabrication
- Simulation, prediction and evaluation in design
- Structure optimisation and material-based design
- VR, AR and/or XR
- Design democratization, open design and mass customization
Co-creators: IoT, Buildings, Robots, Software Agents…
- Interactive and Adaptive Architecture
- Digital fabrication and robotics
- Agent-based modeling, AI and machine learning
- Building Information Modeling
Teaching and Learning ICT-enabled Co-creation
- Digital co-creation in spatial design teaching and learning
- Critical co-creation pedagogies
Wisdom of the Crowd: Harnessing Collective Intelligence through Human-Computer Interaction
- Computational design, creativity and design thinking
- Human-computer Interaction (HCI)
- Media architecture and placemaking
- Digital representation and visualization
The New European Bauhaus: Co-creating a Future that is Sustainable, Inclusive and Beautiful for our Minds and Souls
- Performance-based spatial design
- Digital heritage
- Circular cities